The Wilson County Appraisal District Data Entry Position and Field Appraiser Position 1-4-23 –
EMAIL RESUME TO – WILSONCAD@WILSON-CAD.ORG OR STOP BY AND FILL OUT AN APPLICATION
Job Title: Data Entry/Customer Service Clerk
Performs clerical / technical duties in support of the Residential, Commercial, Personal Property, Land and Exemption applications. Primary functions consist of data entry, filing, scanning, answering phones, and customer service functions.
- Perform data entry assignments and tasks as assigned, primarily entering data into district database appraisal software system.
- Perform all customer service functions and tasks as assigned, including providing information and assistance to persons that contact the district by phone, email, and walk-in customers. Answer telephones, transfer calls, and take messages.
- Communicate with property / business owners, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information.
- Provide clerical assistance and support to appraisers with value changes, computer-generated sketches, printing appraisal cards, and other
- Process Appointment of Agent, Rendition and Exemption and other forms.
- Coordinate and process all city building permits in PACS.
- Assist with Appraisal Review Board functions as assigned.
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers, scanners, and personal computers.
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as value changes.
- File and maintain records.
- Compile, sort, field appraisal cards and other records and verify the accuracy of data with appraisal staff as necessary.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- General knowledge of Office suite software — Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage time efficiently to complete multiple assignments within the designated time periods.
- Ability to giving full attention to work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally and on the telephone.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, professionals, and management.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Prior Appraisal District or Tax Office, and general office work and data entry experience desired but not required
A valid Texas driver’s license and subject to background check and drug test.
Pay and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical insurance, retirement plan, sick leave, and vacation.
Wilson County Appraisal District is an equal opportunity employer.
The Wilson County Appraisal District is accepting applications for the position of Field Appraiser. Resumes and /or applications will be accepted until position filled.
Position Description: Performs activities and functions associated with the appraisal of diversified property types. Activities include, data collection, inspection, analysis, and application of generally accepted appraisal techniques. Expected to successfully complete coursework sponsored by the Appraisal District, and complete other requirements for certification with the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR).
Qualifications: Registered Professional Appraiser designation preferred. High school graduate, related college coursework or related experience/knowledge of real estate markets, appraisal theory, and construction techniques also preferred. Qualified candidates must possess good computer and clerical skills. They must also possess good public relations aptitude for working as a team member and with the general public. Must have reliable transportation & a valid Texas driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits: Salary commensurate with qualifications. Benefits include employee health insurance & a retirement plan.
Please address all resumes and inquiries to:
Wilson County Appraisal District
1611 Railroad St
Floresville Tx 78114